We are looking for a bright and motivated QA Engineer, to help ensure the overall quality of the KAYAK product suite. The ideal candidate is a strong team player with great interpersonal skills, quality conscious, organized, and has excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be part of an expanding international QA team, working in a fast paced, highly energized and innovative environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Quality assurance of our web and mobile products across locales, identifying and driving resolution of software quality issues, in collaboration with development and localisation teams
- Designing, developing and executing test plans for various features of the KAYAK product suite
- Reporting and tracking issues found, working with developers in problem isolation, and helping to drive resolution
- Working with our automation team to identify and create scenarios to be automated
- Working with our engineering team to develop new testing tools/techniques for better product test coverage
- You have hands-on software quality assurance experience, testing web-based applications
- You have excellent knowledge of mobile and Internet/web technologies such as app platforms, web browsers, html and xml
- You have an understanding of relational database technology and ability to develop SQL queries
- You are able to make intelligent trade-offs, know when to escalate issues, and proactively identify risks
- You have a strong capacity for logical thinking, with the ability to dig deep into issues and find the root cause in a complex web offering
- You have an understanding of problem isolation, writing test plans or test matrices, QA testing methodologies, and debugging. You are familiar with defect tracking workflows.
- You are able to work independently in a fast paced environment, where frequent releases are the norm and additional production updates are always a possibility
- As a plus, you have working knowledge of one development language
- Working knowledge of at least one automation tool would also be a bonus
- Your oral and written English communication skills are excellent. Other languages are a plus
What KAYAK can offer you:
- Visa support
- Relocation allowance
- No stupid meetings
- 6 weeks vacation + your birthday off
- 3 year anniversary travel bonus
- Free lunch catering three days per week
- Public transportation subsidy
- Free yoga classes and massages
- Free German classes
- Games room, drinks, coffee, snacks.
- Regular team events/excursions
- Flexible hours
- Travel to other offices
KAYAK is the world’s leading travel search engine. KAYAK searches other travel sites and shows travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages. The company’s website and apps also offer tools to help travelers plan and manage their trip, including price alerts, price forecasts and free itinerary management. Each year, KAYAK processes more than one billion searches for travel information and has local sites in more than 35 countries and 20 languages. KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of The Priceline Group.